“Casting Pearls” will be screening three times as part of the ‘10% Shorts’ program at the Rehoboth Beach Film Society Independent Film Festival in Delaware.
– Friday November 9 @ 7:45 pm (sponsored by Notting Hill Coffee)
– Saturday November 10 @ 8:50 pm (sponsored by Camp Rehoboth)
– Sunday November 11 @ 10:15 am
All films will be screened at the Movies at Midway complex, 29 Midway Shopping Center, Route 1, Rehoboth Beach, DE 19971
From the 10th anniversary program:
While the GLBT community has become known for many things, fashion sense, high levels of discretionary income, great host/hostesses, ability to discuss Broadway shows till the cows come home and other equally disturbing stereotypes (even if some are often true), the next thing to be added to the list will be that of great filmmakers. These shorts are evidence that GLBT films and filmmakers are certainly a force to be reckoned with. Innovative, funny, thought provoking, silly and real are all adjectives that could be used to describe what you are about to see.
– Prada Handbag (directed by Stuart Vauvert, 2007, 22 mins) IMDb listing
– Casting Pearls (directed by Andrea James, 2007, 7 mins) IMDb listing
– Airplanes (directed by Jen Heck, 2006, 10 mins) IMDb listing
– Kali Ma (directed by Soman Chainani, 2007, 14 mins) IMDb listing
– The Saddest Boy in the World (directed by Jamie Travis, 2006, 15 mins) IMDb listing
– Pariah (directed by Dee Rees, 2007, 29 mins) IMDb listing
For more information, visit their website:
Or download the PDF program guide